Action Bronson and food have a longer, more passionate relationship than I have ever shared with a woman. Bronson was a professional chef long before he became a rapper, and to this day his lyrics are heavily garnished with references to exotic dishes. When he isn’t in the studio, Bronson is the host of Vice’s food based series Fuck, That’s Delicious in which he, for lack of a better description, goes places eating things and generally being dope.
So it comes as very little surprise that today, in a story that exemplifies the saying “live by the sword, die by the sword,” AB was hospitalized in Alaska for eating some weird shit.
According to his Instagram, the Queens NY rapper was sent to the hospital for some unexpected emergency surgery after eating bowhead whale meat, beluga blubber, and raw caribou.
First and foremost let’s get one thing out of the way: Action is doing well after surgery. Now let’s get to the jokes.
This may come across as ignorant, but there are some questions I have to ask. Questions like:
- Are you a polar bear? Because this is the diet of a polar bear.
- Are you trying to become a polar bear? Because if there was any way for a man to become a polar bear it would be by eating the meal described above.
- The FDA recommends cooking red meat at temperatures of 145 degrees for no less than 3 minutes. You ate a caribou raw. What?
- Since this meal, have you begun transforming into a polar bear? Should we be concerned for your doctors?
- As a former chef, does the situation described in question #3 not raise some red flags?
- How was it? Like… aside from the emergency surgery, would you eat it again? Asking for a friend.
All jokes aside, I’ll give props to Bronson for living the life he describes in his songs: traveling the world trying exotic foods no matter the cost to his health. Be aware, there is no food that Action Bronson truly fears. +10 street cred.